Friday, December 21, 2012

The Mystery Box!



What’s the box? What’s in the box?
There has been a lot of buzz both negative and positive on these boxes. Here is some info.
The box is $29.00 with free shipping. It’s guaranteed to have at least $60.00 worth of items and at least 5 items. There is a shot at getting a box with items worth $500.00. Then there are three VIP boxes that are given randomly you are not guaranteed to get a VIP box. There are four levels of boxes the $60.00, The Gold box has items worth about $100.00+, The Platinum box has items worth about $200.00+, and The Diamond Box is probably the $500.00 one I’m not quite sure about the last two but I’m working on finding more info. The items can range from anything that has been on the sneakpeeq site. There are no returns, exchanges, or refunds for these boxes.The box has an envelope that contains two slips a paper,if it's a gold,platinum,or diamond box.If it's not a VIP box then it will only have one skip of paper.

I had read some of the reviews and comments on the sneakpeeq website and I decided to buy two
Mystery Boxes, one as gift and one for myself. I purchased the Holiday Glam Girl Box-The Gift and The Nature Girl Box-Mine. I checked the gift box and it wasn’t a VIP box so it had the guarantee of items worth $60 and the guaranteed 5 items. I didn’t check the price of the items so I’m not sure what the box is actually worth. The items in the box were ok, but since it’s a gift I was hoping it would have more interesting items. If I can remember the items they were an eyeliner, mascara cards, makeup remover wipes, a curling iron and hair straitening mat, and I can’t remember the other item.I think the person I'm gifting it to will find the items useful.But the filling they use for the boxes is crinkled black construction paper and it has fallout so the items look like they are dirty.

Honestly I can’t say whether I recommend buying one or not. It would depend on the individual’s expectations. Also, the site has had problems as well with these boxes, some customers are getting three items or their items are cheap looking. Maybe some boxes will have one or two items depending on their worth. If someone is getting a $200.00 item and $300.00 item then the $500.00 limit is reached. It’s like gambling. You wish for the best. I would just say to go into purchasing one of these with an open mind and neutral expectations.The items are probably from boutiques that they did not sell a lot of so they decided to use them in these boxes to make room for more items in their warehouse.

After all it is a mystery box and for $29.00 I think that if the items reach over that price then you get a little more than you paid for. I read complaints about how there should be a voting list where people can vote for what they want in the box.I think that defeats the purpose of a mystery box. So I have found a few websites that have boxes (non mystery) that are more tailored to what people want. They are more expensive, but at least those who want things that are useful to them can get them. 

Looking at the items I got and the items that are in the gift I think it's a pretty good buy.That's my opinion.I got items that I would not be able to afford if I was buying them separately. However, the issue of repackaging is still bothering me.I hate repackaging, so the souffle would be the only thing that is very disappointing.

I would like to think about it as a sampler of products.

Also,Ebay could be a place to go and sell unwanted items.

No comments:

Post a Comment